Leaving your motorcycle outdoors during a cold, harsh winter is never a good idea. The winter conditions can lead to rust, increased wear-and-tear, and can cause damage to your bike that you probably want to avoid.
Unfortunately, not everyone has a winter motorcycle storage solution such as a garage or dedicated motorcycle shed. Unless you’re lucky to live in a home with a garage or apartment with underground parking, you’ll need to figure something out.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the best options for winter motorcycle storage in Toronto. Most of you aren’t riding all year, and if you need a place to store your bike then this post is for you.
For storing at home, check out our post on winterizing your motorcycle. Otherwise, let’s take a look at your best options for Toronto motorcycle winter storage.
Where to Store Your Motorcycle for the Winter in Toronto?
Cycle World Superstore
For most of you living in Toronto, Cycle World Superstore will be the best option for winter motorcycle storage. This motorcycle shop offers well-priced and convenient winter storage for their customers.
It’s even possible to arrange for pick-up, if you’re not able to ride your motorcycle to the storage location.
If you’re not aware, Cycle World Superstore is a powersports retailer in Toronto. They specialize in offering the best pre-owned motorcycles to their customers. There are knowledgeable and friendly sales, financing, service, and parts departments ready to help you with everything from buying a motorcycle to maintaining your current ride.
What makes Cycle World Superstore unique is that they are the largest used bike dealership in Toronto, and even in Canada. This makes them a great choice if you’re looking to buy a used motorcycle in Toronto.
- 4545 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto
- $300 plus tax for small and medium bikes up to 1200cc
- $350 plus tax for small and medium bikes up to 1200cc with saddle bags
- $395 up to $450 plus tax for full dress touring bikes (like a Goldwing or bigger Harley Davidson bikes)
The storage period is from September 15th through to April 1st. This is approximately 6.5 months of motorcycle winter storage.
Bikes can be dropped off for storage on or after September 15th. They must be taken out of storage by April 1st.
There is an additional fee of $5 per day for motorcycles picked up after April 1st.
Included With Storage
There are some great features included with the winter motorcycle storage at Cycle World Superstore.
These features include:
- Fuel stabilizer added to the fuel tank
- Battery removed and placed on a battery tender
- Storage in a heated and climate controlled environment
- Carburetor bowls drained, if applicable
- Tires inflated to the maximum pressure as recommended by the manufacturer
- Safety check and motorcycle prep in the spring
This is one of the best options for winter motorcycle storage in Toronto. For more information, visit the Cycle World Superstore website.
Snow City Cycle Marine
Another great option for winter motorcycle storage in Toronto is Snow City Cycle Marine. Operating out of a 12,500 square foot building on Kennedy Road in Scarborough, Snow City Cycle Marine is a well-known powersports dealer in the GTA.
At Snow City Cycle Marine you can find a wide range of Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, and Suzuki vehicles and accessories. There is new inventory, pre-owned inventory, and a wide range of OEM parts available.
Along with motorcycles, Snow City Cycle Marine also sells personal watercraft, power equipment, side by sides, and ATVs.
When it comes to winter motorcycle storage, Snow City Cycle Marine has got you covered. They also offer winter storage for watercraft, snowmobiles, and snowmobile storage as well.
- 1255 Kennedy Road, Toronto ( Scarborough)
- $60 to $90 per month or indoor motorcycle storage
- $50 per month for outdoor storage
- $35 transportation fee
There are no specific dates listed on the website.
However, it would make sense that storage is available from mid-September through to mid-April.
Included With Storage
Snow City does not offer many features with their winter motorcycle storage.
For indoor storage, the customer is responsible for maintaining their battery throughout the winter.
At the time of pickup, a free wheel inspection is provided. The vehicle is also cleaned before pickup.
Keep in mind that Snow City requires 10 days notice prior to picking up your vehicle.
For more information, visit the Snow City website.
Power Sports TO
Power Sports TO is a prominent motorcycle dealer in Toronto. They offer a wide range of motorcycle products ranging from new and used motorcycles and scooters along with related parts and accessories.
At Power Sports TO it’s possible to have maintenance and customization done on your bike. They even offer a range of expert services, such as their favourite riding schools and other helpful motorcycle related programs.
For winter motorcycle storage in downtown Toronto, Power Sports TO is a great option.
- 24 Nashville Avenue, Toronto
- There aren’t any storage prices listed on the website. For an accurate price, we recommend calling Power Sports TO directly at 416-925-1818.
- Storage packages are available from October 1st through to March 31st
Included With Storage
The biggest convenience of storing your bike with Power Sports TO is that the winter storage is offered in downtown Toronto.
All bikes are stored in a heated, insured, and alarmed storage facility.
The storage service includes:
- Winterizing your bike with a fuel stabilizer
- Maintaining you are motorcycle battery using a trickle charger
- Washing the bike so it’s clean and ready to ride when you pick it up
- All bikes receive a full spring tune-up
- Engine oil, oil filter, and transmission fluid are replaced
- Motorcycle chain is cleaned, lubed, and adjusted
- 40 point inspection performed to make sure bike is in working order
For more information, visit the Power Sports TO website.
Located in west Toronto, Studio Cycle strives to be the urban destination for motorcyclists in the city. They offer professional expertise, a range of experience, and a refined selection of high quality products.
From new motorcycles and preowned bikes to motorcycle parks, maintenance, and services, Studio Cycle is dedicated to making your riding experience as enjoyable as possible. They’re conveniently located in Toronto’s Junction neighborhood and are an integral part of the motorcycle community in Toronto.
It’s also worth mentioning that Studio Cycle is a Husqvarna and Kymco authorized dealer. This makes them one of the rare providers for these bikes and accessories in the GTA.
Studio Cycle offers a competitively priced winter storage package that’s a great choice if you’re looking for an option to keep your bike safe and secure during the winter.
- 2923 Dundas Street West, Toronto
There are 3 different storage packages available with Studio Cycle. Each package comes with different features depending on the level you choose.
- $399 plus HST for the standard winter storage package
- $449 plus HST for the premium winterization package
- $499 plus HST for the level 2 premium winterization package
- The storage period is between October 1st and April 15th.
Included With Storage
All motorcycles are stored in a heated, indoor warehouse facility.
Depending on the storage package you choose, each of the packages come with different features.
The standard winter storage package includes:
- Remove battery and trickle charge over the winter storage period
- Put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank and run bike to circulate to prevent gelling or gumming in the carburetor or fuel system
- Drain carburetor
- Pump tires to maximum pressure and roll bike to avoid any flat spots
- Store under cover to prevent dust from accumulating
- Start bike in spring and inspect for any required service
- Overall bike check (tires, brakes, lights, etc.)
The premium winterization package includes:
- Includes all above winterization points, plus a basic oil change*
- *Basic oil change includes semi-synthetic oil up to 4L and standard K&N oil filter
The level 2 premium winterization package includes:
- Includes all above winterization points, plus a premium oil change
- Premium oil change includes full-synthetic oil up to 4L and a K&N or specialty oil filter (Ducati, BMW, Harley, etc)
For more information, head over to the Studio Cycle website.